The Friends group is the connecting link between the library and the community.
Our purpose is to provide the Rosendale Library with support for their programs, funding, and building needs.
- To accomplish this we need your help. Please consider joining as an active participant by emailing the library with your contact information or just come to our next meeting.
- You could also be a contributing participant by sending your donation made payable to “Friends of the Rosendale Library”, P.O. Box 73, Rosendale NY 12472.
- Friends of the Rosendale Library, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) organization so all donations are tax deductible. For more information please click on the links above or you can also call the library at (845) 658-9013.
- Our Gift and Donations Policy
Group activities include helping with library programs, special events and public service projects. Fundraising provides monies to purchase equipment and materials for the library which are not available through the regular library budget. One of our favorite programs is the Books for Babies Gift Bags. If you know of a baby in our community, please pick up a bag for the family!
The Library, through the efforts of the Board of Trustees, the dedicated Library staff, and volunteers such as the Friends, would like to grow to better meet the needs of the citizens of Rosendale. Much help is needed to accomplish this enormous task. Everyone has a talent to offer. Whether you have 1 hour a month or 10 hours a month to offer, your help will be appreciated. General meetings are held bimonthly on a Saturday morning.
Please visit our calendar for upcoming events.
- Volunteer within your community
- Make new friends and business connections
- Use your talents in a beneficial way.
Friends of the Rosendale Library are here to foster and encourage improved library services through wider public use, free access, facility improvement, and special programs.
The purpose of this organization shall be:
- to establish closer relations between the Rosendale Library and the people it serves;
- to promote informed interest in the function, resources, services and needs of the library;
- to stimulate and receive gifts, endowments and bequests for the benefit of the Library; and
- to support the development of a program for the extension and improvement of the services and resources of the Library.
Friends of the Rosendale Library work in cooperation with the Library Board of Trustees, dedicated library staff and community volunteers.
Officers Friends of the Rosendale Library
President: Eileen Hall
Vice President: Mary Potratz
Treasurer: Jo Ann Reuben
Secretary: Eileen Meltzer